Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And Some Days the Bear Catches You


"Some days you catch the bear, and some days the bear catches you" -- old saying.

Everyone who practices ashtanga with any frequency knows that some days one has more energy, more flexibility, less stiffness, and everything is smooth. To balance this out, some days are choppy, the body is stiff, the mind is elsewhere, and you wonder whether staying in bed would have been an excellent choice.

After a number of high energy days, I had a typical sore-and-stiff-and-why-I-here day. Predictable and normal. With two days off this weekend, after tomorrow's led class, some extra rest is probably indicated.

After a visit to downtown yesterday, I'm going back later in the afternoon with a couple of other students. Perhaps another $1 meal at Hotel Dasprakash, where I ate lunch yesterday.

Today's picture is simply a house I saw on a walk up to the Green Leaf Cafe, a frequent hangout. I liked the colors and you will note a placard of Ganesh (a Hindu elephant god).

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment